Aqua, Niacinamide, Oat Beta Glucan, Centella Asiatica (Centella) Extract, Panthenol, Glycerin (Soy / Rapeseed derived), Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Ceramide NP (N-Stearoyl-phytosphingosine), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, C12-C13 Alkyl Glyceryl Hydrolyzed Hyaluronate, Zinc Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Coco-Glucoside, Tetrapeptide-15, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Tetrahydropiperine.
La Clinica For Skin and Body prides itself on its innovation and thus the ingredients listed here may differ from the packaging depending on the time and region of purchase.
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3):
• Regulates sebum production
• Increases production and turnover of epidermal cells
• Increases epidermal lipids and proteins
• Improves skin barrier function
• Reduces TEWL
• Improves skin texture / smoothness
• Reduces the appearance of pores
• Anti inflammatory
• Anti glycation
• Increases the production of collagen
• Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
• Improves skin elasticity
• Decreases pigmentation
• Decreases redness / blotchiness, yellow looking skin (sallowness)
Ceramides account for 40 – 50% of the lipids found in the outer layers of the skin. They fortify the skin’s natural barrier function; improve long term moisture levels and reduce transepidermal water loss.
As we age, ceramide production slows and the level of the lipids in the outer layers of our skin decreases. This impairs the skin function, and is associated with dry / rough skin, loss of elasticity, wrinkles, sensitive skin and skin disorders such as severe dryness (xerosis), dermatitis and psoriasis.
The Ceramide NP used in this formulation is encapsulated. This not only allows us to run stable high levels of Ceramide NP but assists in skin penetration; resulting in a higher efficacy of the ceramide compared to traditional Ceramide NP.
This combination increases hydration by 167% in comparison to the placebo and 99% over regular Ceramide-NP after 10 days.
Studies have shown that the quantity of Ceramide NP in the skin is significantly correlated with transepidermal water loss.
Acta derm venereal, 1998;78:27-30
• Found naturally within the skin (skin identical ingredient)
• More effective than regular Ceramide NP
• Maintains the skin’s moisture balance
• Reduces TEWL
• Repairs damaged skin barrier
• Effective in restoring dry and damaged skin
Panthenol (1% of total formulation):
A form of vitamin b5. Known for it hydrating, soothing and protective properties.
• Improves and maintains skin barrier function. – J. Cosmet. Sci., 62, 361–369 ( July/August 2011)
• Aids superficial wound healing. - Arzneimittelf, 50, 659-663 (2002), Am J Dermatol., 3, 427-433 (2002)
• Hydrating. - J. Cosmet. Sci., 62, 361–369 ( July/August 2011)
• Reduces evaporation (TEWL) of water from the outer-layers of the skin. – J. Cosmet. Sci., 62, 361–369 ( July/August 2011)
• Protection against irritation. – Contact. Derm., 49, 80 – 84 (2003)
• Has demonstrated that pre-treatment with topically applied panthenol resulted in significantly less damage to the stratum corneum compared with no treatment after inducing irritation. – J. Cosmet. Sci., 62, 361–369 ( July/August 2011), Br. J. Dermatol., 156, 492-498 (200)
Oat Beta Glucan:
• Anti inflammatory
• Supports wound healing
• Improves hydration
• Decreases skin roughness
• Decreases wrinkles
• Stimulates fibroblast and collagen production.
• Assists skin barrier function
IFSCC, 2005, Jan/Mar vol 8. (1)
Wound Repair and Regeneration, 10 (2002) 161-168.
Phytotherapy Research (2014) Feb 159-166
Centella Asiatica Extract:
• Effective in improving treatment of small wounds, superficial burns and psoriasis. - Postepy dermatol. Algergol. 2013 Feb; 30(1): 46-49
• Increases collagen production, and intercellular fibronectin content. - Pharm Biol. 2013;51 (9): 1182-1187, Postepy dermatol. Algergol. 2013 Feb; 30(1): 46-49,
• Improves the tensile strength of newly formed skin. - Postepy dermatol. Algergol. 2013 Feb; 30(1): 46-49
• Anti-oxidant. - Int. J Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 36 (2) Jan-Feb art 12
• Anti inflammatory (soothing). - Int. J Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 36 (2) Jan-Feb art 12, Phytomedicine, April 2018, pages 110–119
• Supports the skin’s barrier
• Has demonstrated to inhibit the enzymatic action of hyaluronidase (enzyme that destroys hyaluronic acid within the skin) potentially increasing the effects of Hyaluronic Acid. - Pharm Biol. 2013;51(9):1182-1187, J Biol Chem. 2007; 282(8):5597-5607
• Anti Inflammatory - Araújo LU et al. Acta Cir Bras. 2010;25:460-466.
• Wound healing - Acta Cir. Bras. vol.25 no.5 São Paulo Sept./Oct. 2010
• Moisturisation - Indian J Dermatol. 2016 May-Jun; 61(3): 279–287.
Skinasensyl [Acetyl Tetrapeptide-15]:
A new generation neurocosmeceutical soother which targets over-reactive skin by:
• Decreasing the release of pro-inflammatory neuromediators (CGRP)
• Reduces the response of the sensory nerve fibres to external stimulation
• Increases the skin’s tolerance threshold.
• Reduction of sensations of pain and discomfort.
Humectants are water-attracting molecules that attract and retain moisture which is continually escaping from deep within the skin and from the environment in humid conditions.
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) 3 x molecular weights (high + med. + low):
Hyaluronic Acid, the primary constituent of the extracellular matrix (ECM) is one of the most powerful humectants. It is renowned for binding up to 1000 times its own weight in water. It visibly plumps up the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. This is achieved mechanically with its targeted hydration and ECM reinforcing action and by signalling fibroblast and collagen production.
Hyaluronic Acid influences instrumental healing processes such as inflammation, cellular migration, tissue stabilisation and cellular renewal.
Hyaluronic acid, especially low molecular weight demonstrates potent anti oxidant properties.
All Hyaluronic Acids in La Clinica For Skin And Body’s products are cold processed and manufactured under low shear mixing to ensure the Hyaluronic Acid is not fragmented, compromising its specific targeted action.
Zinc Hyaluronate (Zn-HA):
Traditionally used to treat “hard-to-heal” wounds such as diabetic ulcers. Zinc Hyaluronate facilitates healing and demonstrates (in-vivo) a reduction in the healing time of wounds.
C12-C13 Alkyl Glyceryl Hydrolyzed Hyaluronate (Hyalorepair):
A patented hyaluronic acid targeting skin barrier function recovery.
• Targets the horny layer of the skin and repairs skin barrier function.
• Repairs out-balanced lamellar layer
• Prevents Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL).
Reduces TEWL in comparison to common hyaluronic acid and placebo (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
• Increases the water content of the Stratum Corneum in comparison to common hyaluronic acid and placebo (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate (Hyaloveil):
In normal conditions, the skin’s surface is electronically charged negative. Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate is charged positive. This Hyaluronic Acid adheres to the skin by means of ionic bond.
• 17 times more residues left on skin compared to common Hyaluronic Acid after washing (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
• 9 times more hydration in compared to common Hyaluronic Acid after wash (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
• Improves rough skin (induced by SLS) (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid (Hyalo-Oligo):
• Penetrates the Stratum Corneum.
• Long lasting moisture retention. Shown to increase hydration of the skin 3 days after application.
Sodium Hyaluronate (HAbooster):
Penetrates into the epidermis of the skin, delivering hydration to deeper levels and signalling fibroblast and collagen production. HA Booster decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles such as crow’s feet and nasolabial folds. • Penetrates into the epidermis
• Promotes production of type 1 pro-collagen
• Promotes the production of collagen
• Promotes the production of metabolic enzyme (stimulates fibroblasts).
• Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Increases skin moisture by 25% @ 0.1% (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer)
• Improves skin texture by -14.8% @ 0.1% (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer)
Sodium Hyaluronate (Cristalhyal) The 24-hour moisturising HA:
A high purity, high-molecular weight hyaluronic acid which forms a non-occlusive film at the surface of the skin; protecting the skin and retaining moisture levels.
Glycerin + Propanediol:
Propanediol demonstrates improved skin hydration in comparison to glycerin at initial application but lacks the extended moisturisation capacity. However, when combined together, glycerin and propanediol work synergistically to not only improve but extend skin hydration.
Propanediol is naturally derived from sugarcane.
The Glycerin incorporated into all La Clinica For Skin & Body’s products is non-palm derived and sourced from Soy and Rapeseed.